Immunizations help protect infants, children, and teens against many infections that can cause serious or life-threatening illnesses or...
When severe diabetes threatens your health, Henry Ford can help. Since performing one of the country’s first pancreas transplants, we have helped hundreds of patients overcome the complications associated with the disease.
Why choose Henry Ford for a pancreas transplant?
When you come to Henry Ford for a pancreas transplant, you benefit from:
- Comprehensive program: We are one of just 3 hospitals in Michigan performing all types of pancreas transplants. If you have kidney failure due to diabetes, you can receive a simultaneous kidney and pancreas transplant. We also perform pancreas transplants months or years after a kidney transplant.
- Exceptional diabetes care: Our nationally renowned Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Bone and Mineral Disorders provides you access to the latest diabetes therapies. These therapies include the most advanced insulin pumps, glucose monitoring devices and medications. Your pancreas transplant team works closely with these diabetes specialists to coordinate your personalized care plan.
- Excellent success rates: We have a 100 percent 1-year patient survival rate for all pancreas transplant types. Our 3-year patient survival rates also are exceptional, ranging from 92 percent to 100 percent depending on the transplant type.
- Personal attention: Our transplant coordinators provide compassionate care for you and your family at every step of the process. These nurses address all questions and concerns, and are available 24 hours a day for emergencies. In addition, our caring staff at Guest Services helps with travel and lodging. Learn more about our resources.
- Ongoing support: We know it can help to talk to others who share similar health experiences. We offer monthly support groups for people with diabetes and those who have received transplants. Check out transplant patient stories to hear what our patients say about their great care at Henry Ford.
- Convenience: You can go to one of our Michigan pancreas transplant clinics for your physical exams, blood tests and other care before and after surgery.