Body Composition Analysis
Body composition assessment helps professional and college athletes, exercise enthusiasts, individuals trying to lose and gain weight, and others improve their performance and support weight management. Analysis includes:
- BodPod Device to measure Percent Body Fat, Lean Body Weight, Waist Circumference, and estimate of Resting Metabolic Rate.
- Consultation with a clinical exercise physiologist to help you understand your body composition and recommend strategies for healthy lifestyle and/or exercise training.
Offers intensive lifestyle interventions through group, individual and combined programs. Each program offers a 24-week group curriculum developed from system-wide best practices and centered on 5 pillars of wellness, weight loss and disease prevention: healthy nutrition, physical activity, behavioral and emotional wellness, environment and accountability.
Center for Weight Management, Macomb
Locations: Chesterfield and Shelby Township
Offers a variety of programs to meet individual needs. Programs are supported by Health Management Resources (HMR), a leading national provider of medically supervised weight-loss programs. Personalized coaching, screenings and health risk appraisals may be included. Program options include: the decision-free diet, healthy solutions and HMR diet kits.
Center for Metabolic Health and Weight Management, West Bloomfield
Offers a combined individual and group approach. Participants select either the Full (comprehensive) Intensive Lifestyle Change or the Core (basic) Intensive Lifestyle Change program, based on their individual needs. Core Program includes monthly one-one-one dietitian visits as well as weekly group education sessions. Both programs include cooking demonstrations, goal and progress tracking, and meal replacement options. The program also includes visits with a metabolic physician specialist and a registered dietitian, a grocery store tour, two months of exercise options, and monthly behavioral health-led support groups.
Center for Metabolic Health and Weight Management, Wyandotte
- Offers the Core Intensive Lifestyle Intervention Program including group sessions and individual visits with a registered dietitian, exercise physiologist and health coach. The program also includes weigh-ins, blood pressure monitoring, food and exercise journaling with an analysis by a dietitian, and meal replacement options.
- Semi-Private Personal Training sessions are offered as separate program package. You will receive more personal attention than a typical class. Focus on functional strength moves and core training, mixed with cardio interval sessions. Can accommodate all fitness levels & limitations. Try one class for free!
- Classes are held Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 6 a.m. and 9 a.m.; Tuesday & Thursday at 5:45 p.m. and 6:45 p.m.
- Sold in packages of 6, 12, 18, or 24 at $10/class. Discounts on packages of 18 and 24.
- Class size limited to 12 registrants.
Detroit and Livonia
This clinically-based program is tailored to each patient’s goals and needs, and includes nutrition consultations with registered dietitians; exercise and behavior change consultations with weight
management coaches; virtual (online, email, phone) and group-support programs; and an internet-based management program. Meal plans offered include:
- Protein Power: Very low-calorie plan for individuals with 25 to 100 or more pounds to lose.
- Combo Platter: Meal replacement plan for individuals with 25 to 60 or more pounds to lose.
- Grocery Store Exchange: Hypo-caloric plan for individuals with less than 25 pounds to lose.
Weight Management for Kids and Families
Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital – Demonstration Kitchen (DK)
- Chef for a day, Farmer for a day School Field Trip
We host school classrooms and private groups for children ages 6-12 whose academic curriculum fit our mission and community outreach initiatives. “DK Kids” field trips teach children how to lead a healthier lifestyle through a commitment to making healthy choices and physical activity – a “learn to grow and grow to learn” initiative. The Chef for a Day/Farmer for a Day program blends health, education, organic growing techniques and eating habits to lead children to a healthier future. This fun and engaging kids’ program can be tailored to the teacher or parent’s preference and can include:
- Education on healthy habit tracking
- Learn to read and understand food labels
- Make healthy choices
- Learn about pest control and harvesting crops in the Greenhouse
- Tastings of organic produce from the Greenhouse
At the end of the kids’ interactive field trip, students will leave with a take-home planting project, 5-2-1-0 materials, knowledge of how to make healthy choices and an understanding of the importance of farm to table practices.
Join us for some fun in the kitchen. Our hands-on kids’ cooking classes are designed to teach kids the importance of making healthy meal choices, how to be safe in the kitchen, and how to create delicious and nutritious meals for the whole family. Each class includes fun, interactive cooking, delicious samples, take-home recipes and more. Classes are designed for children ages 8-12.
Henry Ford Clinical Weight Management Program for Older Teens
Detroit and Livonia
This is a clinically-based program for teens between the ages of 15 and 19 years who are significantly overweight (above the 95th percentile or have a BMI greater than 40). It includes nutrition, behavior and exercise consultations with specialists including registered dietitians and clinical exercise physiologists. These experts help to create tailored plans that include meal replacements for portion control and aggressive weight loss (3 to 5 pounds per week). Participation requires consent and follow-up sessions with a pediatrician.
Let’s Eat Healthy! Program
Fairlane (Dearborn) and Sterling Heights; limited availability at the Gross Pointe Farms (Pierson) and New Center One (Detroit) locations
(313) 874-7495 or (800)-277-2740
Designed to help your child learn skills for leading a healthier life. Topics include healthy food choices, portion sizes, eating out and the importance of regular activity. The program is open to children ages 10-18 that have a weight higher than recommended for good health as determined by the child’s physician.
Let’s Get Healthy! Program
Dearborn, Detroit, Farmington and Sterling Heights
An educational, healthy lifestyle program for youth ages 9-13. The program uses a multidisciplinary approach, including a pediatrician, behavioral therapist, registered dietitian and an athletic trainer to teach families habits that help to maintain healthy weight. The program focuses on behavior modification and education rather than weight loss.
Let’s Get Healthy! Goes to School
Learn proper eating habits, nutrition information and the importance of exercise and limiting screen time in this six-session program for children ages 9-12 years and their families.