Comprehensive programming to improve musculoskeletal function, athletic skills, and enhance performance. We offer a wide variety of performance enhancement programs to reduce the risk of injury and optimize work or athletic function to reach your goals. Programs, in individual or group sessions, include:
- The Core and Plyometric, Over-Head Athlete, and Speed and Agility programs improve athletic performance through increased power, speed, agility and flexibility.
- Functional Movement Screen is a ranking and grading system that documents movement patterns essential to normal function. After testing, incorrect movement patterns will be corrected through exercises working one-on-one with a HF Sports Medicine Professional.
- Our Golfit Group Exercise Class focuses on improving your golf game through physical fitness. Our HF Sports Medicine Professionals teach you a pre-game warm-up and direct you through golf-specific strength and flexibility exercises. We also offer individual sessions that include a physical assessment and video swing analysis along with a personalized workout program.
- RunFast features a one-on-one assessment with a sports medicine professional to evaluate and offer tips to improve your running. Our program includes total body biomechanical and functional assessments, including gait evaluation. The sports medicine professional will incorporate the findings and your history into an injury prevention and management program to improve your running form.
ExCITE: Exercise and Cancer
Detroit, Livonia, Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital, Wyandotte
Helps cancer patients and survivors develop individualized exercise programs. Studies have shown exercise in conjunction with cancer treatments improves energy, mood, fitness, strength, body composition, and treatment side effects. Interested patients and family members can call to attend a free seminar.
Located in the heart of the New Center area of Detroit, membership includes over 70 group fitness classes, cardio, strength, full-court gym, racquetball, pool, steam, and sauna. Discount for HFHS staff and patients.
Experts in the fields of sports medicine, exercise physiology and physical therapy provide their insights on exercise and healthy movement. Subscribe to the weekly email round-up so you never miss a post.
(586) 263-2410 or (800) 532-2411
Henry Ford Macomb Hospital offers a variety of exercise programs, including Tai Chi, yoga, Chi Kung and Zumba®.
Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital
Join our yoga instructor to restore, renew and revitalize your mind and body. Nurture your well-being by practicing breathing exercises, meditation, guided relaxation and gentle poses and movement. All abilities are welcome; the studio offers a variety of classes, including chair yoga, and basic, intermediate, experienced and mixed-level classes.
Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital
The Wednesday Wellness Program offers free yoga classes in the Wyandotte community. Classes run October through May and are open to all adults.
Human Performance Clinic
Center for Athletic Medicine – Detroit
- Comprehensive cardiovascular screening and performance evaluation optimized for elite/competitive athletes, recreational exercisers, and weekend warriors alike.
- We assess your maximum aerobic capacity, anaerobic threshold, and body composition, and offer training recommendations to achieve performance goals based on your current habits.
- Risk for cardiovascular disease is also assessed.
PREVENT provides education and exercise opportunities for patients interested in a heart-healthy lifestyle. When you join the program you will work with staff to set personal goals. Our staff will track your progress and adjust your exercise plan accordingly. PREVENT is appropriate for any person wishing to begin exercise. PREVENT is especially designed for people with chronic diseases that benefit from exercise, such as heart disease, cancer, peripheral artery disease (PAD), diabetes and high blood pressure.
Health and Wellness Coaching
Henry Ford LiveWell
Have a health issue that you want to tackle, but not sure where to start? Need help sticking with a plan to improve your eating habits, control your weight or manage stress better? Our trained and certified wellness coaches can guide you in achieving lasting improvements to your well-being. The health and wellness coaching program takes place over the course of 12 weekly sessions, conveniently conducted by phone.