Total body fitness and conditioning are key to optimal sports performance. They are also some of the best ways to prevent injury. Henry Ford Sports Performance Programs are designed to help you develop your skills, keep your competitive edge and prevent injury. Our team of specialists works with athletes of all skill levels: from high school, collegiate and professional athletes to weekend warriors.
Sports Performance Programs include:
- Sports Performance Training - For youth, college, professional and weekend warriors – the health of the whole athlete is our primary concern. The Sports Performance program utilizes proven methods and systems tailored to the individual to reach your goals! Includes assessment/performance testing, mobility/stability training, strength and conditioning and system recovery.
- Return to Sports Training - Working in synchronization with Henry Ford Health Rehab Services our return to sports programming is one of a kind. We help to bridge the gap between rehab and full sports performance. This includes many aspects of our performance training scaled to the recovering athlete.
- Golfit - Group Exercise Class focuses on improving your golf game through physical fitness. Our Henry Ford Sports Medicine Professionals teach you a pre-game warm-up and guide you through golf-specific strength and flexibility exercises. We also offer individual sessions that include a physical assessment and swing analysis along with a personalized workout program.
- Gait Lab - Utilizing 8 motion capture cameras with SIMI software and an instrumented treadmill, the Gait and Running Lab specializes in evaluating how you move while running and walking. This service is available in several affordable packages.
- Sports Performance Lab - Utilizing 8 motion capture cameras with SIMI software and 4 force plates all housed in a two-story room, the Sports Performance Lab allows us to assess your movement expression. The performance evaluation includes sports specific assessment of the athlete available in several affordable packages.
Experts in the fields of sports medicine, exercise physiology and physical therapy provide their insights on exercise and healthy movement. Subscribe to the weekly email round-up so you never miss a post.
Semi-Private Personal Training
Semi-Private Personal Training sessions provide more personal attention than a typical class. Focus on functional strength moves and core training, mixed with cardio interval sessions. Can accommodate all fitness levels and limitations. Try one class for free.
- Classes are held Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 6:00 am and 9:00 am; Tuesday & Thursday at 5:30 pm and 6:30 pm. New class times may be offered or changed- call for schedule.
- Sold in packages of 6, 12, 18, or 24 at $10/class. Discounts on packages of 18 and 24.
- Class size limited to 14 registrants.
Comprehensive cardiovascular screening and performance evaluation optimized for elite/competitive athletes, recreational exercisers, and weekend warriors alike. Assessment of your maximum aerobic capacity, anaerobic threshold and body composition.
PREVENT provides education and exercise opportunities for patients interested in a heart-healthy lifestyle. When you join the program, you will work with staff to set personal goals. Our staff will track your progress and adjust your exercise plan accordingly. PREVENT is appropriate for any person wishing to begin exercise, especially those with chronic diseases that benefit from exercise, including heart disease, cancer, peripheral artery disease (PAD), diabetes and high blood pressure.