Prenatal and Postnatal Services
(800) 277-2740 or (313) 874-7495
Locations: Clinton Township, Dearborn (Fairlane), Detroit (New Center One), Novi, Sterling Heights and Taylor
This program provides diabetes education to pregnant women with gestational diabetes. Small-group or one-on-one appointments with a registered dietitian are conducted at various locations. Topics addressed include glucose monitoring, risks of gestational diabetes, nutrition management and what to expect after pregnancy.
(586) 263-2410 or (800) 532-2411
Parents-to-be will find a variety of classes and treatments to meet their needs. These include:
- Prepared Childbirth Series
- Therapeutic Massage for Mom-to-Be
- Reiki Energy Treatment for Mom-to-Be
Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital offers a variety of childbirth education classes including childbirth preparation, refresher, breastfeeding, and infant CPR. Call for more information and to register. A free breastfeeding support group meets on the second Tuesday of every month at 6:00 p.m. in the Birthing Center Conference Room.
Post-Partum Heart Program
The Post-Partum Heart Program identifies ongoing cardiovascular risk in women with prior pregnancyrelated complications including hypertensive pregnancy disorders, gestational diabetes, and severe obesity.
- Targeted clients are ages 18-40 years old and 8-12 weeks post-partum with a history of gestational hypertension, preeclampsia, eclampsia, history of gestational diabetes, or a Body Mass Index (BMI) greater than 50.
- Initial assessment includes a thorough risk assessment by a board-certified cardiologist, risk assessment labs for cardiovascular imaging if indicated, small-group nutrition counseling with a registered dietitian, and small-group exercise and healthy lifestyle counseling by a registered nurse.