Sally and Bob Goldman Therapy Dog Program
Warm fuzzy care
Benson, a Golden Retriever and Hope, a Black Labrador, are our certified therapy dogs at Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital. In addition to the two facility-owned dogs, we have 24 pet therapy teams that visit patients and staff.
- Reduce anxiety of patients and family members. (Research indicates therapy dogs can lower blood pressure, reduce feelings of loneliness, and minimize stress among hospitalized patients.)
- Reduce staff stress. (Studies have found that interacting with a therapy dog can help re-energize and motivate hospital staff.)
- Interact with patients to aid in speech therapy.
- Make longer-term patients feel more at home.
- Educate children about dog safety.
Your child can have a photo taken with a therapy dog, and take home Henry, Benson and Hope's trading cards and coloring pages.
Donate to Our Program