- Reduce anxiety of patients and family members. (Research indicates therapy dogs can lower blood pressure, reduce feelings of loneliness, and minimize stress among hospitalized patients.)
- Reduce staff stress. (Studies have found that interacting with a therapy dog can help re-energize and motivate hospital staff.)
- Interact with patients to aid in speech therapy.
- Make longer-term patients feel more at home.
- Educate children about dog safety.
Learn more about our Extraordinary Program Award and the benefits of therapy dogs.