Life-Saving Emergency Medicine
Emergency Medicine Services at Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital treats a full range of emergency injuries and illnesses. Services include:
- A state-certified heart attack treatment center with services headed by Henry Ford’s top cardiologists. Excelling in rapid treatment to help save precious heart muscle.
- A certified stroke center, with neurological specialists and interventional radiologists to provide advanced care like clot extraction and other critical procedures to restore blood flow to the brain.
- A Level III Trauma Center, with two dedicated trauma bays, specially equipped areas with the most advanced emergency medical equipment.
Our ER is staffed with dedicated board-certified physicians, nurses and other specially trained medical professionals who specialize in providing emergency care for any emergency, from minor to life-threatening.
With a Trauma Certification verified by the American College of Surgeons, we can care for the sickest and most seriously injured patients, such as those injured in car accidents, falls or violent events.
Convenient and comfortable ER experience
Patients in our ER will experience the following conveniences:
- Free valet and concierge services.
- Private rooms large enough to accommodate patients and their families.
- Most rooms include private bathrooms.
All patient registration and medical records are captured electronically. Once discharged from the ER, these records can be accessed by medical professionals throughout Henry Ford Health System to help ensure you receive appropriate follow-up if needed.