Visiting Hours and Policy
Updated as of December 21, 2021
The visitor policy has been revised to allow limited visitors in our facilities.
We recognize the importance of love and support when a patient is hospitalized or receiving care. Because our patient care philosophy depends greatly on engaging families as part of the healing process, any decision to restrict visitation and limit family presence is difficult. However, the health and safety of our patients and employees is of utmost importance.
Our visitor policy is as follows:
- Hospitalized patients, including pediatric patients, may have two adult visitors at a time. The visitors may visit within the same day and/or at the same time and they may come and go. A total of two visitors will be permitted for the duration of the patient’s hospital stay.
- One parent/caregiver is allowed for outpatient and clinic visits for all patients unless it is for an infant two months old or less, in which case, two parents/caregivers are permitted.
- Patients in the Emergency Department may have one adult visitor.
- COVID-19 positive patients may not have any visitors. Special circumstances may be addressed with your care team.
- Patients undergoing a surgical procedure may be accompanied by one visitor, including outpatient procedures.
- Labor and Delivery and Special Care Nursery (SCN) patients may be accompanied by one visitor, who must be their parent.
Learn more about visitor restrictions at Henry Ford facilities.