With his healthy lifestyle, Pat Baker did not expect to have a stroke. Still, he started experiencing strange symptoms and had to be rushed to the stroke experts at Henry Ford.
Neurology and Neurosurgery
The Henry Ford Departments of Neurology and Neurosurgery are top in the nation for diagnosing and treating neurological diseases. We offer some of the most advanced therapies for neurological conditions such as stroke, brain tumors, epilepsy, spine and movement disorders.
The Departments emphasize collaborative care, with multiple doctors working as a team to manage each patient’s treatment. This patient-centered approach results in exceptional care, from prevention through rehabilitation. Learn more about conditions we treat.
We are also nationally recognized for our ongoing research and hundreds of clinical trials. We are committed to finding the causes of neurological conditions and pioneering new techniques to treat them.
Specialized centers of care at Henry Ford Neurosciences Institute
Henry Ford is nationally recognized for its dedicated specialty centers focusing on research, care and treatment of neurological disorders. At these centers, patients receive the most advanced care possible from a team of experts who have focused their careers on diagnosing and treating these conditions. Learn more:
- Epilepsy Center
- Hermelin Brain Tumor Center
- Movement Disorders Center
- Neurodegenerative Diseases Center
- Neuroregeneration Research Center
- Spine and Neurotrauma Center
- Stroke and Neurovascular Disease Center
Neuroscience care inspired by you
Screening & diagnosis
Expert physicians and surgeons, leading research and access to state of the art technology is what set Henry Ford Neurosciences apart. Our specialized care centers approach results in excellent care for our patients.
Conditions treated at Henry Ford Neurosciences Institute
Learn more about the symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options for the conditions we treat:
Advanced testing and treatment for neurological disorders at Henry Ford
At the Henry Ford Neuroscience Institute, we provide comprehensive, collaborative care for the most complex neurological diseases. Multiple doctors manage each patient’s disease as a team, resulting in exceptional and personalized patient care, from prevention and detection to treatment and rehabilitation.
Henry Ford: leaders in surgical technologies for neurological disorders
At the Henry Ford Neuroscience Institute, we have been at the forefront of the most advanced technologies to make surgery safer and more effective. Surgical advances at Henry Ford over the past 20 years include:
- Advanced neuronavigation (computer assisted) technologies for brain and spine surgery
- Minimally invasive spine surgery
- Awake craniotomy with brain mapping to preserve function (strength, sensation and speech)
- Deep brain stimulation techniques for movement disorders of all types
- Stimulation techniques for epilepsy, including vagus nerve stimulation and clinical trials for newer electrical stimulation therapies
- Robotic surgery for head and neck tumors, resulting in a quicker recovery and fewer complications
- Intraoperative MRI for brain tumors and movement disorders
Education and support
Treatment at Henry Ford extends from prevention through rehabilitation. Henry Ford offers classes to prepare you for your treatment and support groups to assist you while you are continuing your journey. Classes are even available for those with caregiver responsibilities. Contact your care team for more information.