Neuroscience Referrals For Physicians
Henry Ford Neurosciences excels in clinical care, research and education. Our subspecialty programs deliver an exceptional level of care that helps more patients live a good quality of life. We welcome referrals, requests for consultation and inquiries about clinical trials.
World-class neurology and neurosurgery referral services at Henry Ford
Henry Ford Neurosciences has been caring for the people of Michigan and surrounding communities for decades. Physicians regularly refer their most complex cases to us. We offer internationally renowned expertise, advanced therapies and uncommon resources that lead to the best possible outcomes.
Areas of expertise and highlights of our programs include:
- Brain tumors: We offer first-in-the-world precision medicine therapies for glioblastoma and other innovative options for refractory tumors.
- Cerebrovascular disease: Pioneers in the field and internationally renowned experts deliver advanced cerebrovascular disease care.
- Epilepsy: Henry Ford is the largest comprehensive epilepsy center in Michigan, with monitoring units in two hospitals.
- Facial pain: We offer expertise in rare pathologies such as trigeminal neuralgia, and advanced therapies, including the latest neurostimulators.
- Headache: Henry Ford is the only program in Michigan with an infusion center dedicated to headache patients.
- Movement disorders: Our experts have had a hand in developing new therapeutics for Parkinson’s disease. We are the recipient of funding from NIH and other prestigious organizations.
- Neurocritical care: Services include multi-modality continuous monitoring, such as brain oximetry, EEG, and invasive and noninvasive hemodynamic monitoring.
- Neurodegenerative disease: Our decades-long history of care excellence has earned Henry Ford recognition from the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, The ALS Association, and more.
- Neurophysiology: We offer an active MEG laboratory responsible for benchmark research in magnetoencephalography.
- Neurosurgery: Henry Ford has an established history of outstanding care, including pivotal clinical trials for responsive neurostimulation (RNS) in specific types of epilepsy.
- Normal pressure hydrocephalus: We are one of the few programs in Michigan with multidisciplinary evaluations.
- Stroke: Our stroke network includes nine connected ERs and the most advanced diagnostic tools and treatment options available, as demonstrated by Henry Ford Hospital’s Comprehensive Stroke Center certification from The Joint Commission.
- Spine: Our integrated spine center helps people with refractory neck and back pain get lasting relief.
Refer a patient or get a second opinion 24/7
Whether it’s a second opinion or comprehensive care management, we are honored to be involved in your patient’s care. We also co-manage patients with community providers when appropriate. The Henry Ford Referring Physician Office facilitates convenient access to experts, throughout Henry Ford Health, for you and your patients 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Refer a patient.
- Call (877) 434-7470 for more information
Learn more about research and clinical trials
Our active role in neurology and neurosurgery research and clinical trials gives patients access to new care methods, often years before they are widely available. We are also typically among the first programs in the region offering new implantable devices and technologies.
Medical education at Henry Ford
Henry Ford is training the next generation of neurology and neurosurgery subspecialists through medical education programs. We offer Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME)-accredited residencies and fellowships in neuro-critical care, neurology, neurosurgery and more. Explore residencies and fellowships.