For Referring Physicians
For nearly 20 years, our arrhythmia experts have been delivering comprehensive care to patients from all over the Midwest. We make it easy for referred patients to get the care they need with numerous clinics located throughout southeastern Michigan.
For more advanced conditions, our team coordinates additional care and services with the Henry Ford Atrial Fibrillation Center located on our downtown Detroit campus.
Benefits of referring patients to Henry Ford
When you refer patients to the Henry Ford Heart & Vascular Institute, you and your patients gain access to experts in every aspect of coronary heart disease. Other benefits include:
- Fast evaluations: We can usually see new patients in one of our many southeastern Michigan locations within a week of initial contact. We also accept emergency transfers 24 hours a day.
- Continual communication: We make sure you are kept in the loop on everything related to your patient—from diagnostic procedures to treatments. We’ll send regular updates and provide documentation. When a patient returns to your care, you’ll have all of the diagnostic and treatment information you need to continue with their care.
- Seamless transition of care: Our goal is to return the patient to your care as soon as they feel better. Our team will work with you to seamlessly transition patient care back to you once a patient has completed treatment at Henry Ford.
- Experienced, trusted expertise: We have been delivering advanced care for heart and vascular disease since 1915. Our EP teams are among the most experienced in the region performing more than 1,500 EP procedures every year.
- Advanced diagnostic procedures: Our EP labs feature some of the best available technology, including the Carto® 3 System. Read more about arrhythmia diagnosis in our EP labs.
- Advanced treatments: We offer a range of innovative atrial fibrillation treatments, including newly approved devices. Henry Ford is the first in Michigan offering the LARIAT™ device and the WATCHMAN™ device. We are also among the first in the country offering new Wireless ICDs.
Read more about our Electrophysiology Services.