Admissions, Consults & Referrals
Our Good Partner Promise
We are committed to providing unsurpassed quality to your patient as well as easy access and communication to you, the referring physician. It is our privilege to partner with you in the care of your patient and our promise is to promptly return your patient after treatment has been successfully completed.
Request a Consult or Referral to a Henry Ford Health System Physician
The Henry Ford Referring Physician Office facilitates convenient access to experts, throughout the Henry Ford Health System, for you and your patients 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
You may also contact the following departments directly to request a consult or referral.
- Behavioral Health
- Metabolic Health and Weight Management
- Pathology & Laboratory Services
- Structural Heart Disease
Admit a Patient
When your patients require emergent or critical care services that go beyond those your facility can provide, Henry Ford is ready to partner with you. With one call, you are connected to the appropriate care specialist who will guide you in the care of your patient and coordinate the transfer from your facility -- 24/7. All it takes is one easy call.
Choose a Hospital to Admit Your Patient
Henry Ford Hospital
Call (866) HFH-BEDS (1-866-434-2337)
Through our partnership with Superior Ambulance Service, we offer both ground and air transport for your critically ill or injured patients. With Superior Air Med 1 state of the art EC-135p2+ helicopter, we have extended the reach and capabilities of our critical care services.
The Critical Care Transport Team is comprised of critical care nurses and critical care paramedics who have demonstrated excellence in delivering patient care. The team's qualifications include:
- Advanced airway capabilities including intubation and surgical airway with competency in advanced airway management, including ventilated patients and chest tube maintenance
- Mandatory education in expanded pharmacology and management of intravenous medication delivery, including central line administration and monitoring
- Equipment to monitor up to 3 invasive pressures, including art line, cvp, swan, pap, and ICP
- Intra-arterial balloon pump monitoring capabilities
- Smart IV pumps capable of multi-simultaneous medication administration
- Cardiac monitoring, including HR, BP, EtCO2, SaO2, pacing and defibrillation 12 lead capable
- Certification in Critical Care Flight Nursing and Flight Paramedic, including ACLS, PALS, NRP, PHTLS and Fundamentals of Critical Care Support
Once your patient is on-site at Henry Ford Hospital, we are committed to remaining in constant communication with you to ensure that the patient receives the most coordinated care possible and we promise to promptly return your patient to you after treatment for follow-up care.
Henry Ford Macomb Hospital
Accordion Item 3This is some additional content