Admissions, Consults & Referrals
Our Good Partner Promise
We are committed to providing unsurpassed quality to your patient as well as easy access and communication to you, the referring physician. It is our privilege to partner with you in the care of your patient and our promise is to promptly return your patient after treatment has been successfully completed.
Request a Consult or Referral to a Henry Ford Medical Group Specialist
Call 1-877-434-7470 or email.
The Henry Ford Referring Physician Office facilitates convenient access to experts, throughout the Henry Ford Medical Group, for you and your patients 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
You may also contact the following departments directly to request a consult or referral.
- Behavioral Health
- Metabolic Health and Weight Management
- Pathology & Laboratory Services
- Structural Heart Disease
Admit a Patient
When your patients require emergent or critical care services that go beyond those your facility can provide, Henry Ford is ready to partner with you. With one call, you are connected to the appropriate care specialist who will guide you in the care of your patient and coordinate the transfer from your facility -- 24/7. All it takes is one easy call.
Choose a Hospital to Admit Your Patient
Henry Ford Hospital, call (866)-HFH-BEDS (1-866-434-2337)
- Through our partnership with Superior Ambulance Service, we offer both ground and air transport for your critically ill or injured patients. With Superior Air Med 1 state of the art EC-135p2+ helicopter, we have extended the reach and capabilities of our critical care services.
- The Critical Care Transport Team is comprised of critical care nurses and critical care paramedics who have demonstrated excellence in delivering patient care. The team's qualifications include:
- Advanced airway capabilities including intubation and surgical airway with competency in advanced airway management, including ventilated patients and chest tube maintenance
- Mandatory education in expanded pharmacology and management of intravenous medication delivery, including central line administration and monitoring
- Equipment to monitor up to 3 invasive pressures, including art line, cvp, swan, pap, and ICP
- Intra-arterial balloon pump monitoring capabilities
- Smart IV pumps capable of multi-simultaneous medication administration
- Cardiac monitoring, including HR, BP, EtCO2, SaO2, pacing and defibrillation 12 lead capable
- Certification in Critical Care Flight Nursing and Flight Paramedic, including ACLS, PALS, NRP, PHTLS and Fundamentals of Critical Care Support
- Once your patient is on-site at Henry Ford Hospital, we are committed to remaining in constant communication with you to ensure that the patient receives the most coordinated care possible and we promise to promptly return your patient to you after treatment for follow-up care.
Henry Ford Macomb Hospital, call (586) 263-2945.
When time is of the essence for patients, Henry Ford Macomb Hospital is here to provide the highest quality care in a timely manner. Below, you will find the resources needed to directly admit patients to our facilities in a quick and efficient way. Should you need our services, Henry Ford Macomb Hospital is here to assist you.
Please complete our direct admit form. The following information is required:
- Date of Birth
- Attending physician’s name (if physician is not calling)
Henry Ford Kingswood Hospital, Inpatient Behavioral Health, call (800) 422-1183.
Henry Ford Behavioral Health is one of the most comprehensive treatment centers in Michigan. We offer the full spectrum of care for mental health disorders, substance abuse and 24/7 psychiatric admissions to Henry Ford Kingswood Hospital, every day of the year. The following forms are available to help facilitation your patient’s admission.
- Medical clearance/admissions form
- Hospital referral checklist
- Child intake form
Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital, call (888) 925-6362
The Physician Village at Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital facilitates practice, professional growth, development of relationships and effective communication in a welcoming and collegial environment.When your patient needs a specialist, you now have the answer.
The Physician Village is ready to assist you throughout the referral process, available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, ensuring your patient has access to the best treatments available and timely appointments. Services include:
- Concierge services for traveling patients
- Coordination of multiple patient appointments (routine and urgent)
- Coordination of second opinions
- Information about physician-specific areas of expertise
- New patient registration and insurance verification
- Preferred and timely access to our facilities and specialists
- Rapid physician-to-physician consultation
- Shared access to your patient's medical record
Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital, call (888) 439-9322
Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital partners with physicians to care for the needs of our community through a direct admit process. When time is of the essence for patients, Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital Direct Admissions is here to provide the highest quality care in a timely manner.
Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital offers a full range of clinical services to the Downriver region and surrounding communities of southeast Michigan, which include general medicine, surgery, older adult services and 24-hour emergency care. We are ready to assist physician practices who utilize our hospitals for the direct admission of their patients.
For questions or to refer a patient now, contact our patient access center by calling 1-855-HFW-WeCan (1-855-439-9322).
Henry Ford Allegiance Health, call (844)-HF-ADMIT
Henry Ford Allegiance Health partners with you to care for the needs of your patients through a direct admit process. When time is of the essence for patients, we are here to provide the highest quality of care in a timely manner.
As a provider, you can admit patients from your office, a patient's home or a care facility. Admission representatives are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to help make the admission a smooth process.
When referring a patient for direct admission, please provide the following key information:
- Tests/Diagnostic results
- Any special needs
You can expect clear communication, coordinated care and follow-up to ensure the best possible outcome for your patients.
To refer a patient for direct admission, call (844) HF-ADMIT
Henry Ford Allegiance Specialty Hospital, call (517) 205-4463
Patients who are referred to the Henry Ford Allegiance Specialty Hospital will be evaluated by a health care professional to ensure they meet admission criteria. We consult with the patient’s attending physician to determine medical appropriateness, and we will recommend alternative placement if criteria is not satisfied. All pre-admission screenings are free of charge.
Referrals can be initiated by:
- Discharge planners
- Case managers
- Allied health professionals
- Third-party payors
- Family, friend or self
To schedule a tour or to make a referral, please contact our Admission Liaisons at (517) 205-4463