- American Board of Neurological Surgery - Neurological Surgery
- University of Cincinnati - College of Medicine, OH, 2004
Residencies & Internships
- University of Cincinnati Medical Center, Neurosurgery, OH, 2010
- San Francisco VA Medical Center, Movement Disorder, CA, 2011
- Neurosurgery Residency Program Director, Henry Ford Health System
- Co-Director Functional Neurosurgery, Henry Ford Health System
- Interim Division Head, Movement Disorders, Department of Neurology
- Chair-Elect, AANS/CNS Joint Section on Women in Neurosurgery
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons Executive Board, Member-At-Large
- American Society for Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery, Board of Directors
- Clinical Associate Professor, Wayne State University
What drives me is helping patients regain their quality of life. I am inspired every day by my patients and enjoy helping patients reach their goals and to enjoy what is important in their lives.
My relationship with my patients comes from collaboration, honesty and dedication to work for them. I am always pushing myself to become a better doctor and surgeon so that I can take on anything my patients may need from me.
Officially, I am called a ‘functional neurosurgeon’. This simply means that I help individuals with neurological disorders live as productive lives as possible. This varies from reducing pain to managing seizures and movement disorders.
Neither medicine nor surgery may get patients back to 100%. I think that it is important to be an advocate for patient resources so that they may connect with other patients, receive education materials and see the progression of research. Below are some organizations that I support so that patients can find the resources they need:
- Dystonia Medical Research Foundation
- Epilepsy Foundation
- International Essential Tremor Foundation
- International League Against Epilepsy
- Parkinson's Disease Foundation
- Trigeminal Neuralgia - Facial Pain Association
- Movement Disorders
- Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
- Deep Brain Stimulation
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
Awards & Honors:
- Top Doctor, Castle Connolly (2019)
- Exceptional Women in Medicine, Castle Connolly (2019)
- “Top Docs”, Hour Detroit magazine (2017–20)
- L. Murray Thomas Visiting Professor, Wayne State University, Department of Neurosurgery (2017)
- Senior Staff Teaching Award, Henry Ford Department of Neurosurgery (2017)
- “Forty Under 40” Awardee, Cincinnati Business Courier (2013)
- Ellen and Stewart B. Dunsker, M.D., Award for Clinical Research 2010
Staying fit is important for everyone, but if you have Parkinson’s disease, exercise should be part of your daily routine to help with mobility and balance.
There are ways to manage and prevent some of the effects epilepsy has on your day-to-day activities – without feeling as though you’re missing out.
- Henry Ford Hospital
- Henry Ford Macomb Hospital - Clinton Township
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital
- Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital