Male Infertility Treatment
Effective treatments to restore fertility and help men become biological fathers
Infertility means not achieving a successful pregnancy after a year of unprotected sex (6 months if your female partner is over 35). About 50 percent of the time, male fertility plays a role. We take the time to understand your condition and use effective treatments to help you become a biological father.
Male fertility treatment at Henry Ford: Why choose us?
Our reproductive experts at the Men’s Health Center skillfully diagnose and treat all causes of male infertility. The sooner we are able to provide treatment, the sooner you are likely to achieve a successful pregnancy.
Determining the cause is key to finding the right solution for infertility. When you come to us for fertility evaluation and treatment, you can expect:
- Expert team: Our urologists work with other reproductive health specialists at Henry Ford. Together, we come up with a solution that’s right for you.
- Accurate diagnosis: Our doctors perform a comprehensive male fertility evaluation . We use this information to discover the exact cause of your fertility issues.
- Advanced treatments: We use medical or surgical techniques to treat many infertility issues. Our doctors specialize in minimally invasive procedures to retrieve sperm or fix blockages.
- Welcoming environment: We understand that fertility issues can be stressful for you and your partner. Our Men’s Health Center maintains a professional, discreet environment where you can feel comfortable seeking care.
Male fertility conditions we treat
Male infertility has many possible causes. We expertly diagnose and treat a wide range of conditions, including:
- Azoospermia (zero sperm count): We use advanced surgical methods to treat both obstructive and non-obstructive azoospermia
- Varicocele: Enlarged veins in the testicles (varicocele) can interfere with your sperm count or motility. Our surgeons can repair the veins and help restore fertility.
- Hormone management: Our expert accurately diagnose hormonal imbalances that affect fertility. We offer safe, effective treatments to rebalance hormones.
- Cystic fibrosis fertility care: Men with cystic fibrosis (CF) face unique fertility challenges. Most are born without a vas deferens (the tube that carries sperm out of the testicles). Our doctors are experienced at helping men with CF become fathers.
- Cancer fertility preservation: If you face a cancer treatment that might affect your fertility, we can freeze sperm or embryos for later use.
Infertility has many causes, and our specialists at the Henry Ford Men’s Health Center can help. Visit us for accurate diagnosis and effective treatments to help you achieve biological fatherhood.