No matter what your urologic concern may be, the specialists at the Henry Ford Vattikuti Urology Institute (VUI) are here for you. From routine visits to lifesaving prostate, kidney or bladder cancer treatment, our expert team provides the care you need.
We have specialists dedicated to treating men, women and children for all types of urologic conditions. Our personalized solutions and advanced treatments offer the best care for all our patients.
Urology at Henry Ford: Why choose us?
We understand that some health issues are sensitive, and you may hesitate to discuss them with your doctor. Our urology specialists are experts at treating all types of urologic issues — and don’t shy away from complex conditions.
When you come us for urologic care, you can expect:
- Expertise: Our urologists are board-certified and fellowship-trained in a wide range of urologic specialties. That means they have advanced education in areas such as prostate surgery, kidney stones, prostate, bladder and kidney cancer, urinary incontinence and pediatric urology.
- Advanced treatments: We offer innovative, nonsurgical therapies to treat a variety of urologic conditions. Thanks to our groundbreaking treatments, many patients find relief without needing surgery.
- Discreet, professional atmosphere: Our welcoming environment is designed to put you at ease. Men and women with urologic concerns can feel comfortable seeking healthcare and advice from doctors who are experts in their fields.
- Team approach to care: The urologists at Henry Ford VUI work with experts from other departments, such as fertility specialists, urogynecologists and robotic surgeons. Together, they provide comprehensive, coordinated care for all our patients.
- Innovative surgical techniques: When surgery is necessary, our highly skilled surgeons use minimally invasive and microsurgical techniques. Our team pioneered innovations in robotic surgery to treat prostate, kidney and bladder cancer.
Urologic services we offer
Our specialists provide comprehensive care for a range of issues, including:
- Prostate cancer
- Bladder cancer
- Kidney cancer
- Kidney stones
- Men’s health (such as erectile dysfunction and enlarged prostate)
- Female pelvic health (such as incontinence and urinary tract infections)
- Pediatric urology
After Escanaba resident Joe Crispigna noticed problems urinating, a CAT Scan revealed a small tumor on his left kidney. Quick action — and a trip down state — allowed the U.P. resident to continue a life cancer free.
When Oregon urologist Dr. John Barry was diagnosed with prostate cancer, he traveled 1,969 miles to the world's most experienced team at the Vattikuti Urology Institute.