The Young Adult Cancer Community is a group for young adults to discuss the unique challenges faced when life is interrupted by cancer. Low-key...
No matter what your urologic concern may be, the specialists at the Henry Ford Vattikuti Urology Institute (VUI) are here for you. From routine visits to lifesaving prostate, kidney or bladder cancer treatment, our expert team provides the care you need.
We have specialists dedicated to treating men, women and children for all types of urologic conditions. Our personalized solutions and advanced treatments offer the best care for all our patients.
Urology at Henry Ford: Why choose us?
We understand that some health issues are sensitive, and you may hesitate to discuss them with your doctor. Our urology specialists are experts at treating all types of urologic issues — and don’t shy away from complex conditions.
When you come us for urologic care, you can expect:
- Expertise: Our urologists are board-certified and fellowship-trained in a wide range of urologic specialties. That means they have advanced education in areas such as prostate surgery, kidney stones, prostate, bladder and kidney cancer, urinary incontinence and pediatric urology.
- Advanced treatments: We offer innovative, nonsurgical therapies to treat a variety of urologic conditions. Thanks to our groundbreaking treatments, many patients find relief without needing surgery.
- Discreet, professional atmosphere: Our welcoming environment is designed to put you at ease. Men and women with urologic concerns can feel comfortable seeking healthcare and advice from doctors who are experts in their fields.
- Team approach to care: The urologists at Henry Ford VUI work with experts from other departments, such as fertility specialists, urogynecologists and robotic surgeons. Together, they provide comprehensive, coordinated care for all our patients.
- Innovative surgical techniques: When surgery is necessary, our highly skilled surgeons use minimally invasive and microsurgical techniques. Our team pioneered innovations in robotic surgery to treat prostate, kidney and bladder cancer.
Urologic services we offer
Our specialists provide comprehensive care for a range of issues, including:
- Prostate cancer
- Bladder cancer
- Kidney cancer
- Kidney stones
- Men’s health (such as erectile dysfunction and enlarged prostate)
- Female pelvic health (such as incontinence and urinary tract infections)
- Pediatric urology
Schedule a Video Visit
Whatever your health concern, making an appointment for a video visit with your doctor or a specialist means you don’t have to leave home to receive the care you need. To make an appointment, call (800) 436-7936 .
Urology Care Locations
Henry Ford Health First in Michigan to Offer Robotic High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound for Prostate Cancer
Dr. Craig Rogers said the procedure spares surrounding healthy tissue, allows for quicker recovery DETROIT (May 10, 2022) – Henry Ford...
$250,000 grant funded by Pfizer Global Medical Grants and overseen by the American Cancer Society is Aimed at Reducing Gaps in Care and Barriers to...
The procedure requires one small incision and provides the surgeon greater control in narrow surgical spaces. DETROIT (Dec. 13, 2021) –...
New Initiative by Henry Ford Cancer Institute Aims to Increase Minority Participation in Clinical Trials
$750,000 Grant from Genentech Will Support Collaboration with the Detroit Urban Research Center DETROIT (March 11, 2021) – Henry Ford Cancer...
Can a urinary bacterial infection cause prostate cancer--or vice versa? Learn what this newly discovered link between bacteria and prostate cancer could mean.
Erectile dysfunction (ED) gets a lot of attention but there are other sexual problems men face. Here are 6 common ones — and what you can do about them.
Research shows that Black men are about twice as likely to get and die from prostate cancer than white men. An expert shares what to know.
Do you often feel weak or tired? Suffering from a low sex drive or erectile dysfunction (ED)? These symptoms are difficult for many men to admit, but may be signs to see a doctor.