Critical Care Cardiology Fellowship
For application information and questions please contact: Kesha Brown, B.A.
- Duration of training: 1 year
- Number of positions: 1-2
- Prerequisite training: 3-year general cardiology fellowship
- Application information:
- Method of application: ERAS
- Start date: July 1
- First day accepting applications: July 15 of year prior to start date (i.e. 12 months prior to start)
- Last day accepting applications: September 1
- Interviews conducted: Rolling
- Participation in NRMP match: Yes
- J1 and H1 visas accepted
This one-year ACGME accredited fellowship provides comprehensive training for fellows pursuing a career with a focus on critical care cardiology. In collaboration with the Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care, we offer this much sought-after training opportunity to prepare our next generation of cardiologists for an increasingly complex and multidisciplinary field. At the completion of training, fellows will be board eligible to obtain certification in Critical Care Medicine (IM).
Training will take place in one of the largest and most diverse critical care units in the nation. Fellows will work alongside full-time academic intensivists with backgrounds in Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Cardiology, Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology, Complex, High-Risk and Indicated PCI and Advanced Hemodynamic Care, Cardiac Surgery, Anesthesiology and Surgical Critical Care. They will gain the skills and knowledge to manage a wide range of critical illness in addition to cardiac conditions such as severe valvular disease, AMI, cardiogenic shock, and chronic heart failure.