Structural Heart Disease Fellowship
For application information and questions please contact [email protected] or call(313) 916-7462.
- Duration of training: 1 year
- Number of positions: 1-2
- Prerequisite training: 3 year general cardiology fellowship and 1 year interventional cardiology fellowship
- Application information:
- Method of application: Complete our Universal Application and email along with your CV, a brief personal statement, USMLE/COMLEX transcript and ECFMG certificate (if applicable) to our Program Coordinator. Please request 3 letters of recommendation to be sent directly to our Program Coordinator
- Start date: July 1
- First day accepting applications: May 1 of year prior to start date (i.e. 14 months prior to start)
- Last day accepting applications: Rolling
- Interviews conducted: September
- Participation in a NRMP match: No
- J1 and H1 visas accepted
The Structural Heart Disease Fellowship at Henry Ford Hospital is a one year non-ACGME accredited advanced fellowship training program available to those who have completed training in general cardiology as well as interventional cardiology. The program consists of 3 full time structural heart disease cardiologists and is available to two fellows per year. The program is designed to train fellows to independently perform non-coronary cardiac interventional procedures including transeptal left heart catheterization, percutaneous PFO closure, percutaneous ASD closure, percutaneous VSD closure, percutaneous aortic valve balloon valvuloplasty, percutaneous mitral valve balloon valvuloplasty, percutaneous pulmonic valve balloon valvuloplasty, percutaneous alcohol septal ablation, balloon pericardiotomy, percutaneous closure of paravalvular leaks, balloon graded atrial septostomy, Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement, percutaneous left atrial appendage closure, and percutaneous repair for mitral regurgitation. Fellows are also involved with ongoing research projects and assist in the education of general and interventional cardiology fellows.