Information for Visiting Fellows
The Division of Cardiology does offer opportunities for visiting fellows to perform rotations on our services at Henry Ford Hospital. We would request that GME policies be followed regarding applying to do an outside elective. GME policy is summarized below and a full copy of the policy can be found here.
- Visiting Fellow should fill out and return an HFHS Visiting House Officer Application prior to 75 days before the start of your rotation. Please note that GME will not allow fellows to rotate if their application is received within 75 days of the start of the rotation. Link to the application can be found here.
- Return the Visiting House Office Application to [email protected]. If you have questions, our office number is (313) 916-2871
- Please do not assume communication with our Chief Fellow or your home institution Chief Fellow or Program Director is sufficient to schedule a rotation Visiting fellows should follow the instructions above on their own. All applications are processed in a first-come first-serve fashion by the date of receipt of the application, and once rotations are filled we can not honor further requests.
- It is the responsibility of the institution sending the house officer to develop the required institutional agreements (e.g. master affiliation agreement and/or program letter of agreement). This should be coordinated in advance of submitting the Visiting House Officer Application. We would recommend the Visiting Fellow confirm themselves that all proper paperwork has been filed with their home Program Director/ Coordinator.
- For all Foreign Nationals please see the GME policy for additional instructions.
- All Visiting Fellows must attend orientation activities as outlined by GME (e.g. computer orientation for CPNG and EPIC, etc.) at the BEGINNING of the month even if you are starting your rotation in the middle of the month. Note that you will not be allowed to start your rotation if you do not complete the orientation activities at the beginning of the month as there are no make-up sessions or mid-month sessions.