What is the Detroit Bladder Cancer Network?
The Detroit Bladder Cancer Network is a partnership between Henry Ford and the Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute. The network increases bladder cancer awareness and provides education and support to bladder cancer patients and survivors, as well as their friends, family members, and the community. The Detroit Bladder Cancer Network offers a safe environment where participants can discuss issues unique to bladder cancer that patients and their loved ones face.
In addition to these important services, the Detroit Bladder Cancer Network presents discussions on issues such as:
- Communication with physicians
- Ongoing care
- Treatment options
- And more
All Detroit Bladder Cancer Network meetings feature an open discussion.
Ready to learn more about the Detroit Bladder Cancer Network?
Please call the Karmanos Social Work and Supportive Services Department at (313) 576-9700, or talk to your bladder cancer nurse or doctor about how to register.
Additional bladder cancer resources
For more information about bladder cancer, please visit:
- American Cancer Society
- American Urological Association Foundation, 1 (800) 828-7866
- Bladder Cancer Advocacy Network
- Cancer Care®, Inc., 1 (800) 813-HOPE 1 (800) 813-4673
- Caregiver Action Network
- National Association for Continence, 1 (800) BLADDER 1 (800) 252-3337
- National Cancer Institute, 1 (800) 4-CANCER 1 (800) 422-6237, 1 (800) 332-8615 (TTY)
- National Cancer Institute’s Cancer Information Service