Colleen's Corner: Local and National Resources
These websites have comprehensive information and resources for survivors about life after cancer:
- The National Cancer Institute
- American Cancer Society
- The Cancer Survivors Network is a community of survivors, family, and friends whose lives have been affected by cancer. Connect with them through personal pages, message boards or chat rooms.
- Springboard Beyond Cancer is a web tool that makes health information, skills, and support available to those whose lives are affected by cancer. Through different “decks” of information, you can access questions and topics specific to your needs during survivorship.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- The American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) offers an interactive survivorship handbook that outlines issues survivors may face, information on supportive services, with space to take notes and ideas for questions to ask providers.
- Sexuality after cancer — The Henry Ford Sexual Health Clinic helps patients with sexual problems or concerns after cancer.