This binder was designed by a team of Henry Ford Health System care giving experts to assist caregivers and patients. Keep documents in one location:
- Medical records
- Medication information
- Medical history
- Lab results
- Your questions
- Notes from the doctor
- Information, business cards and handouts
Take it, Share it, Use it:
- Take it with you to doctor’s appointments.
- Share it with other caregivers and your loved one.
- Use it to make care giving easier and more effective.
Suggestions from other Caregivers:
- Move pages and sections to fit your needs.
- Use the pocket by the Medications section for medication information you receive from the pharmacy.
- Use the calendar to keep track of when to order medications and medical supplies.
- Use the business card holder (the plastic sleeve with business-card size slots) to hold business cards. Write notes on the fronts/backs of the business cards.
- Buy a small blank notebook and keep a daily journal of important events, milestones, and issues you and the patient encounter. Keep it with the binder or slide it into a pocket.'
- Use Section 8 to customize the binder for your needs.
How to Reorder Pages:
- You can print additional pages by clicking on one of the sections below
- Or, email firstname.lastname@example.org to request specific pages be mailed to you
- Or, call 313-874-4838 to request specific pages be mailed to you
Contact the Henry Ford Department of Patient and Family Caregiver Resources. Email: email@example.com. Phone: 313-874-4838.
Section 1: Important Contacts
- Physician Contact Information
- Patient Support Team and Support Team Contact Information
- Caregiver Resource Directory
- Health History/Labs
Section 3: Medications
- Medication List (place in sleeve)
- Medication Tracking Chart
- Daily/Regular Medication List
- As-Needed Medication Chart
- Medication, Medical Equipment and Medical Supply Orders
- Top Five Excuses for Not Taking Medications – And Suggested Caregiver Responses
- Expired Medication Disposal Information
- Questions & Answers
Section 7: Advance Directive
Make Your Own Section
Section 8: Make Your Own Section