If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with a pituitary tumor, we invite you to join our support and education community. Many people find that...
Back Pain and Spine Care
If you’re dealing with back or neck pain, you can find complete care from one source. At Henry Ford Health, our integrated back, neck and spine services include expert evaluations and innovative treatments. We get you back to living the life you love, with less pain and more mobility.
Michigan’s leaders in back, neck and spine care: Why choose Henry Ford?
People throughout the state trust our spine center because we offer:
- Expert team: Our team includes doctors with additional fellowship training in spine surgery and sports medicine. You get care from specialists with extensive experience treating back and neck problems.
- Excellent outcomes: As the coordinating center for the Michigan Spine Surgery Improvement Collaborative (MSSIC), we’re leading the way in improving clinical outcomes.
- Extensive network: Our doctors collaborate with providers throughout the Henry Ford network to make sure you get complete care. Physical therapy, integrative medicine and pain management can all be part of your treatment plan.
- Care navigation: We make sure you know what to expect before, during and after spine surgery. Our innovative Spine Prehab program prepares you for treatment and recovery.
- Conservative approach: Most people with back pain don’t need surgery. Whenever possible, we help you heal with nonsurgical treatments.
- Second opinions: Our range of treatment options means we can offer therapies that may not be available elsewhere. If you’ve been diagnosed with a spine condition, we’d be happy to take a second look.
When should I see a spine specialist?
Back or neck pain that doesn’t improve, or gets worse, after several months should be evaluated by a spine specialist. Our care team includes a range of board-certified specialists, including:
- Fellowship-trained spine surgeons
- Orthopedic surgeons
- Physical medicine and rehabilitation physicians
Our spine doctors will take the time to thoroughly assess your condition and create a care plan that fits your unique needs. Learn more about the spine conditions we treat and our many options for spine surgery and nonsurgical treatment.
Take the next step
Henry Ford has the experts and innovation to help you heal. Find relief from back and neck pain at our comprehensive spine center. Request an in-person or virtual appointment.
Gilbert Family Foundation Contributes Nearly $375 Million in Partnership with Henry Ford Health to Bring Shirley Ryan AbilityLab to Detroit and Create the Nick Gilbert Neurofibromatosis Research Institute
- World-renowned Shirley Ryan AbilityLab to partner with Henry Ford Health on inpatient rehabilitation hospital embedded within new patient tower at Henry Ford Hospital, with plans for expansion
- First-of-its-kind neurofibromatosis (NF) institute, named after Dan and Jennifer Gilbert’s late son, Nicolas, to house groundbreaking research advancing toward a cure for NF and increasing access to personalized care
- Nick Gilbert Neurofibromatosis Research Institute to be housed inside the groundbreaking new Henry Ford Health + Michigan State University Health Sciences research facility
Henry Ford Health Researchers Launch Clinical Trial Studying Therapy Aimed at Causing Brain Cancer Cells to Self-Destruct
Henry Ford Health Researcher Awarded Prestigious Grant from National Institutes of Health to Study Liquid Biopsy for Glioma Brain Tumors
For back or spine injuries, a neurosurgeon is able to provide a unique perspective to make sure you aren't at risk of greater neurological injury.
Learn about causes and treatments for common shoulder conditions--and find out how medications and physical therapy can relieve some issues without surgery.
From types of brain tumors to treatments and risk factors, learn as an expert answers important questions about this disease.
Developing a plan to maintain mobility after physical therapy can help you heal, prevent relapse and avoid future injuries. Here's how to do it.