Your partners in careAt Henry Ford Women's Health Services, our certified nurse-midwives (CNMs) provide primary care to women from puberty through menopause and beyond. We are a partner in care throughout southeast Michigan, and provide labor and delivery services.
Throughout your pregnancy, our team of midwives, obstetricians and gynecologists work closely together to offer the best and safest treatment. If a complication arises during pregnancy or birth, a doctor is always on-site.
Certified nurse midwife services
- Prenatal care
- Postpartum care
- Menopausal care
- Family planning and birth control
- Breastfeeding education and support
- Preconception counseling and exams
- Teen education about body processes
- Treatment of minor gynecological infections
- Testing for infections, including those which are sexually transmitted
- Annual gynecologic exams (including teens), pap smears and breast exams
- Special needs, such as a baby with Down Syndrome, cleft lip and/or palate
- Birth control education and prescriptions, including: diaphragms, injections, IUDs, natural family planning and pills