How can supportive care help me?
Supportive care makes it a little easier to move forward with pancreatic cancer treatment and recovery by:
- Controlling pain and discomfort
- Helping you cope with emotional challenges
- Navigating practical matters, like whether you can continue working
- Managing lifestyle changes, such as rest breaks throughout the day
- Planning for your future health needs
Supportive care for pancreatic cancer at Henry Ford
Supportive care includes a broad range of services from highly skilled doctors, therapists and other team members. Our deep experience, along with a genuine concern for you as an individual, helps you get the most out of your care.
Highlights of our program include:
- Personalized care: We regularly assess your needs, so you receive the supportive services that are right for you. Mental health professionals can help you cope with the shock of a cancer diagnosis. Prompt care for side effects and complications can help you stay well enough to continue treatment.
- Timely access: Chemotherapy and radiation oncology treatments often come with side effects, like vomiting, that can slow your recovery. Our OncoStat clinic makes it easier to access therapies, such as intravenous (IV) hydration, to help you feel better. Services are available through same-day appointments on weekdays and virtual visits as necessary.
- Emotional support: Our team includes cancer psychologists, social workers and nurse navigators who help ease the burden of pancreatic cancer on your life. We are here for you with encouragement, answers to questions and referrals to helpful resources. You may also benefit from participating in Henry Ford’s cancer support groups and classes.
- Family-centered services: A pancreatic cancer diagnosis can impact the entire family, which is why we offer services for family caregivers. Our cancer caregiver services include resources and helpful tips that help you and your loved one make good care decisions.
- Healthy living: Gentle exercise can improve your physical and mental health. Henry Ford makes it easy to get moving with our exercise and cancer integrative therapy education (ExCITE) program. For a small fee, you receive personalized exercise recommendations and access to Henry Ford fitness facilities.