Patients & Visitors
Henry Ford Macomb Hospital Campus Visitor Restrictions
Given the sharp increase in Macomb County COVID-19 cases, effective Nov. 7, all visitors will be restricted from Henry Ford Macomb Hospital except for the situations listed below. Restrictions includes inpatient, outpatient and ER areas. We will expand visitation as soon as it is safe for patients and team members.
Specific situations where limited visitation is available
Visitors are allowed in these situations only if they have no COVID-19 symptoms upon entry.
- Obstetric patients may have one visitor accompany them. In addition, one doula with appropriate credentials may accompany a laboring mother during admission for labor and for a period after birth.
- Special Care Nursery (SCN) visitors are limited to birth parent or guardian per infant who must remain in the room for the duration of the visit.
- Pediatric unit visitors are limited to parents/caregiver who must remain in the room for the duration of the visit.
- Patients who are at the end-of-life may have a limited number of visitors (up to 4) who must remain in the room for the duration of the visit. This includes family members under the age of 16 with permission of the health care team.
- Patients undergoing surgery or procedures may have one driver who must leave the facility as soon as possible after the procedure/surgery. No post-surgery visitation is allowed.
- Patients who have an appointment at the hospital or medical pavilion may have one person with them, if needed, for helping in getting to their appointment.
- Visitors with power of attorney/surrogate decision-makers, or court-appointed guardianship may visit as necessary for the purpose of exercising these powers and must remain in the room for the duration of the visit.
- Visitors are allowed who are needed to assist patients with physical or mental disabilities of any kind, including patients who are deaf, hard of hearing and blind; must remain in the room for the duration of the visit.
- Additional personnel providing other services to patients (i.e. interpreter services) will be admitted to the facility for the time needed to provide the service.
- Visitors may be allowed in other extenuating circumstances, as approved by leadership.