Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Henry Ford ophthalmic plastic and reconstructive surgeons have expertise in many procedures.
Ophthalmic plastic and reconstructive surgery is a specialized area of ophthalmology that deals with the management of deformities and abnormalities of the:
- Lacrimal (tear) system
- Orbit (the bony cavity surrounding the eye)
- Adjacent face
Ophthalmic plastic and reconstructive surgeons at Henry Ford Eye Care Services are board-certified ophthalmologists who have completed additional training in plastic surgery as it relates to the eyes and their surrounding structures.
Ophthalmic plastic and reconstructive surgery services
Our physicians have expertise in the following areas of ophthalmic plastic and reconstructive surgery:
- Blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery)
- Forehead and brow lifts
- Botulinum (Botox®) treatments for facial wrinkles and for blepharospasm (abnormal blinking or eyelid twitching)
- Eyelid bumps and tumors
- Orbital tumors
- Enucleation: Removal of an eye
- Artificial eye and anophthalmic socket disorders
- Injuries of the eyelids, orbit and lacrimal system
- Thyroid eye disease
- Lacrimal and tearing disorders
- Temporal artery biopsies
Many convenient locations
Consultations for ophthalmic plastic and reconstructive surgery can be scheduled at the following Henry Ford Eye Care Services locations:
- Henry Ford Hospital
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital
- Henry Ford Medical Center – Fairlane (Dearborn)
- Henry Ford Ophthalmology – Grosse Pointe
At Henry Ford, patients come first.
The Henry Ford Department of Ophthalmology is committed to providing our patients with compassionate, personalized care. We feature the most advanced treatments in eye care and are dedicated to vision research – always staying at the forefront of innovation. A leader in Michigan, as well as one of the largest ophthalmology practices in the United States, we treat more than 55,000 patients per year at 12 locations throughout southeast Michigan. In addition, our team works closely with Henry Ford Medical Group physicians in other departments, providing multidisciplinary, coordinated care for those patients who need it.