Conditions & Treatments
Comprehensive ophthalmology and eye care services
Our ophthalmologists are committed to providing our patients with the most advanced treatments and compassionate, personalized care. Our program covers all major areas of ophthalmology and eye care, including:
- Cataracts: Our cataract program is one of the largest and most experienced in the region, and it features the latest cataract treatments, including laser cataract surgery.
- Comprehensive ophthalmology: Our comprehensive ophthalmologists are experienced in the early detection and treatment of eye conditions.
- Contact lenses and glasses: We work in conjunction with our partners in Henry Ford OptimEyes to introduce you to the best contact lenses or glasses to meet your individual needs.
- Cornea conditions: Our ophthalmologists diagnose and treat dry eye disease, keratoconus and corneal ectasia, and other cornea conditions. We also offer both full and partial corneal transplants.
- Diabetes-related eye conditions: People with diabetes are at greater risk for developing a number of eye conditions, including diabetic macular edema and diabetic retinopathy.
- Emergency eye care: We offer 24-hour access to emergency eye care, including weekends and holidays.
- Eye cancer: Henry Ford ophthalmologists are experienced in treating patients with primary, secondary and metastatic eye tumors.
- Glaucoma: Glaucoma is the leading cause of irreversible blindness worldwide, and early detection is key.
- Laser vision correction: Henry Ford is a leader in laser vision correction, including LASIK and PRK. We have performed tens of thousands of procedures and are the refractive surgeons for the Detroit Lions.
- Neuro-ophthalmology: This ophthalmology field is devoted to disorders of the nervous system that affect the visual pathway.
- Ophthalmic Imaging Center: Henry Ford uses an advanced Ophthalmic Imaging System, saving patients time and improving accuracy in diagnosis.
- Ophthalmic plastic and reconstructive surgery: Henry Ford ophthalmic plastic and reconstructive surgeons have expertise in many procedures, including eyelid surgery.
- Orthoptics: Our orthoptists are experienced in the diagnosis and orthoptic treatment of all eye movement disorders.
- Pediatric ophthalmology: Henry Ford pediatric ophthalmologists have extensive experience treating children of all ages, even small infants if problems are suspected.
- Refractive surgery: Our ophthalmologists are experienced in the latest refractive surgeries, including refractive lens exchange to correct presbyopia – natural, age-related vision loss.
- Retinal conditions: Our retinal specialists are dedicated to the treatment and study of conditions affecting the retina and vitreous, including macular degeneration and retinal vein occlusions.
- Uveitis: Uveitis refers to a group of eye diseases characterized by inflammation of one or more layers of the eye.
- Visual electrophysiology: This collection of advanced techniques is used to help detect, diagnose and evaluate a variety of visual disorders.