Types of Eye Surgeries
There are a variety of conditions that may call for eye surgery, from cosmetic changes to vision-saving procedures. At Henry Ford Health System, our providers offer treatment and education to manage eye conditions.
Eye surgery made for you
Eye surgery has made great strides with advanced technology. Whether you need corrective vision surgery or have a medical condition that has required you to have surgery, our team is dedicated to making your experience a positive one – every step of the way. Types of eye surgery performed at Henry Ford:
- Traditional Cataract Surgery: If you have been diagnosed with a cataract and need surgical treatment, you may choose from two types of surgery, traditional cataract surgery or laser cataract surgery.
- Refractive Surgery: Eye refractive surgery improves vision and decreases or eliminates the need for glasses or contact lenses.
- Laser Vision Correction: Laser eye surgery can help you to reduce your dependency on glasses or contact lenses and improve your vision.
- LASIK: LASIK is used to treat patients with nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism.
- PRK: With photorefractive keratectomy (PRK), Henry Ford surgeons use advanced computer technology combined with the accuracy and precision of the excimer laser to treat nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism.
If you suspect that you have an eye condition, contact our experts at Henry Ford for a consultation.