Inpatient Psychiatric Care at Kingswood Hospital
When you or a loved one needs intensive psychiatric care, turn to the experienced team at Henry Ford Behavioral Health Services. We provide the full spectrum of mental and behavioral health services for children, teenagers and adults. Patients receive expert and compassionate care in our warm, welcoming facility.Take a look inside Kingswood Hospital.
Inpatient psychiatric care in Michigan
We provide inpatient psychiatric care at Henry Ford Kingswood Hospital. Kingswood is accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Hospitals and has received the “Gold Seal” for meeting or exceeding the Commission’s rigorous standards.
Features of our behavioral health services include:
- Expert team. Our team of behavioral health specialists has the skills, resources and experience necessary to provide the care our patients need. The team meets regularly to discuss each patient’s progress and make recommendations for next steps.
- Experience. We have been serving southeast Michigan for more than 40 years, giving us a thorough and comprehensive understanding of the full spectrum of behavioral health conditions. This in-depth level of experience means we can confidently diagnose and recommend treatment options for our patients.
- Personalized care. Each patient comes to us with a unique set of circumstances and history. We use a holistic approach to care, evaluating our patients to assess how their condition affects every aspect of their life. Then, together with the patient and loved ones, we create an individualized treatment plan that best suits the patient’s needs.
- Comprehensive services. Comprehensive services. We provide the full range of psychiatric services, from counseling to medication. We also coordinate our patients’ care after they leave our facility, helping them transition to ongoing outpatient care. Learn more about our Adult Inpatient Psychiatric Treatment and our program for children and teens, the Child & Adolescent Psychiatric Program.
Learn more about Henry Ford Kingswood Hospital.
Admission criteria for inpatient psychiatric care at Kingswood Hospital
We admit children and adults at any time of day or night. Admission criteria include:
- Patients must have a behavioral disorder and/or acute psychiatric symptoms.
- A physician, screening center, emergency room or Community Mental Health (CMH) agency, must refer patients.
- Children and teens must also meet the pediatric admission criteria.
Pediatric admission criteria for inpatient psychiatric care
For children and adolescents under 18 years of age, Henry Ford Kingswood Hospital will admit individuals with a mental health condition who meet at least one of the following criteria:
- The individual made a suicide attempt.
- The individual wants to commit suicide.
- The individual is attempting to harm others.
- The individual has attempted to harm others.
- The individual is destroying property.
- The individual is not performing age-related activities of daily living (poor hygiene and grooming).
- The individual has a history of a psychiatric disorder that has resulted in the individual being a danger to self, others, or property, and the individual is not following the medication and outpatient treatment plan.
For more admission information:
Psychiatric treatment at Kingswood: Meet our team
Our psychiatric treatment team includes a wide range of specialists in behavioral health. All team members receive extensive training in diagnosing and managing mental health conditions. In addition, we participate in continuing medical education in order to stay current with the latest research and techniques.
Team members include:
- Social workers
- Occupational therapists
- Recreational therapists
- Support staff
Learn more: Inpatient psychiatric care at Kingswood
Learn more about our inpatient psychiatric services: