Mental Health Treatment
Life’s unpredictable twists and turns can leave most of us with the occasional blues or feeling anxious now and then. But when mental health issues won’t go away and prevent you from enjoying life, attending work or school, or lead you to dangerous behavior it’s time to get some help. Henry Ford offers both inpatient and outpatient mental health treatment options for patients of all ages.
Conditions we treat
Our therapeutic experts are experienced in diagnosing and treating all types of mental health disease, such as:
- Anger management
- Mood Disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Self-harm, suicidal thoughts or attempts
We offer comprehensive adult and pediatric mental health outpatient care designed around the individual needs of our patients at seven community-based locations throughout metro Detroit.
Treatment options include:
- Pediatric and adolescent services
- Adult counseling and intensive outpatient programs (IOP)
- Psychiatric evaluations and medical management
- Partial hospitalization program for adults
Inpatient psychiatric care
When you or a loved one needs intensive psychiatric care, the experienced team at Henry Ford is available 24-hours per day, 365 days per year. We specialize in short-term inpatient treatment for children, teens and adults with severe emotional and/or behavioral distress and acute psychiatric conditions. Depending on a patient’s age and unique needs, we have the right resources on hand to help.
Our inpatient locations:
- Henry Ford Kingswood Hospital located in in Ferndale, Michigan, is the cornerstone of Henry Ford’s psychiatric care offering 24/7 admissions for adult, teen and pediatric patients in need of inpatient treatment.
- Henry Ford Macomb Hospitals--Mt. Clemens offers adult inpatient psychiatric care, a geriatric unit for adults age 55 or older and is home to Macomb County’s only 24-hour Emergency Psychiatric Evaluation service.
- Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital offers adult psychiatric care for the Downriver community and is fully supported by the hospital's medical, surgical and diagnostic consultants.
Easy Access to Care
Our trained mental health professionals are available 24 hours per day, 365 days per year, to respond to patients’ needs and guide them to the necessary services. Whether they require outpatient appointments, medically supervised detoxification services or immediate inpatient treatment, our team connects patients with the right care, right away.