Our new cancer pavilion is backed by a $20 million gift from Detroit businessman and philanthropist Mort Harris, in honor of his late wife Brigitte.
Henry Ford Cancer Institute - Detroit
Detroit, MI 48202
Facility hours will be updated once we open.
The Henry Ford Cancer Institute - Detroit has been designed to deliver an exceptional care experience surrounded in compassion, convenience, innovation, and most importantly, HOPE.
Our new cancer pavilion is a global destination site for ambulatory cancer treatment, precision medicine, clinical trials and research, and enhanced cancer support services. Here you’ll find one strong, integrated team, ensuring you have access to the latest advances in cancer treatment, research, clinical trials and support for a truly seamless experience at each step of your cancer journey.
Floor-to-ceiling windows that let in natural light, and a beautiful third-floor terrace and quiet meditation spaces provide a comfortable and calming experience to patients, families, and employees.
The campus also includes an attached parking structure with convenient parking for patients and families and features special gathering places for patient and caregiver support groups, yoga classes, music and art therapy.
The surrounding grounds of Henry Ford Cancer Institute - Detroit includes manicured green spaces with wildflower gardens and natural plantings, as well as benches, relaxing adult swings and small seating areas for a quiet change of scenery.
Every square foot of the new Henry Ford Cancer Institute–Detroit is designed with your care journey in mind. You’ll receive the most advanced care, in a beautiful, comfortable and supportive setting. Here’s a snapshot of what will be inside our new pavilion, set to open January 20, 2021!
Advanced Clinical Care
- Disease-Specific Clinics – Meet your entire care team of experts who specialize in your type of cancer in one convenient clinic space for exams and consults
- Radiation Oncology Clinic and Treatment Center - State-of-the-art radiation therapy, including world-first MRI-guided therapy and advanced radiosurgery with exam, consult and treatment all in one location
- OncoStat Same Day Care – Immediate care available for patients with medical concerns, such as side effects following chemotherapy, radiation treatment or surgery
- Infusion Center - Designed to maximize safety and comfort, with views out the floor-to-ceiling windows, including a rooftop terrace for patients and guests to sit outside
- Stem Cell Transplant and Cellular Therapy Clinic
- Precision Medicine Office - Harnesses the power of genomic information found in your cancer to design treatment just for you
- Clinical Trials Office – Connect with research nurses for streamlined access to clinical trials
Convenient Imaging and Lab Services
- Screening and diagnostic services, including mammography, PET CT, MRI, CT, bone density, X-ray and ultrasound
- Walk-in laboratory with services available the same day as your appointment
- On-site cancer support services are located throughout the facility, including exercise, massage and acupuncture, nutrition, palliative medicine and designated clinics for pain, lymphedema and survivorship care
Our new cancer pavilion includes an attached self-parking structure with ample handicapped parking on each level and direct access to care areas. Valet parking also is available at the main entrance off Milwaukee.
Food at The Market
The Market, created for patients with a sensitive sense of smell, will offer a broad range of lighter fare and comfort foods, for dining in or carrying out.
- Hot lunch entrées with themed cuisine
- Self-service gourmet coffees, bottled and canned beverages
- Fresh baked goods, salads, sandwiches, yogurt, fresh fruits and vegetables
- Gluten-free and vegan options
Located on the first floor, your prescriptions will be promptly filled by highly trained pharmacists. They partner with your care team to identify any medication interactions and ensure safety.
Group Activity Room and Resource Center
Special gathering places for patient and caregiver support groups, yoga classes, music and art therapy, and more.
Healing Arts Gallery and Art Walk
Recognizing that art promotes wellbeing and humanizes healing, we’ve created opportunities to interact with art throughout the facility.
- Healing Arts Gallery exhibits a rotating collection of paintings, prints, photography and other media produced by emerging local artists and patients.
- Art Walk features high-quality replicas of Detroit Institute of Arts masterpieces, along the second-floor corridor and across the Nancy Vlasic Skywalk.
- Community members and patients can engage in art exhibitions, artmaking and performance.
Lawn Circle and Meditation Meadow
The surrounding grounds of Henry Ford Cancer Institute–Detroit are an extension of the healing environment.
- Lawn circle and meditation meadow feature manicured green spaces with wildflower gardens and natural plantings.
- Benches, relaxing adult swings and small seating areas placed throughout the grounds offer a quiet change of scenery.
ExCITE is a free class for cancer patients and providers to learn the most recent information on exercise and cancer, and what you can do to feel...
A survivorship and support meeting for current patients, caregivers, and survivors of head and neck cancer. This group is facilitated by a licensed...
The Henry Ford Breast Cancer Support Group meets virtually every month to educate and support women who are currently being treated for, or are...
A support group for caregivers of those receiving a stem cell transplant.
Patients more likely to complete a virtual visit by telephone, not video.
Henry Ford Health System is the First in Michigan to offer da Vinci Single Port Robotic Surgery System
The da Vinci SP is less invasive and gives surgeons the ability to treat some head and neck cancers that were once considered inoperable. DETROIT...
More than 440 Henry Ford Physicians Named “2020 Top Docs” by Detroit’s Hour Magazine Along with Healthcare Heroes Who Inspired Them
Specialists in cancer, neuro, heart & vascular, other specialties share the spotlight with their personal unsung heroes in the year of the pandemic
Ovarian cancer is 5th in cancer deaths among women. A gynecologic oncologist shares everything you should know about this type of cancer.
Cardiotoxicity refers to cancer treatments that may cause heart or blood vessel damage. Some people are at greater risk. Minimize this through 6 simple steps.
Dealing with a cancer diagnosis can take a toll on your mental health. An expert shares how art therapy can help you cope.
Some cancer treatments may cause heart damage in certain individuals. A medical oncologist and cardiologist share what you need to know.