Sleep Center Research
The Henry Ford Sleep Research Center, founded in 1978, was one of the first sleep disorders centers in the United States and is consistently one of the top sleep research facilities in the nation. Our mission is to pursue new knowledge to improve sleep-wake health through the production, incorporation and dissemination of sleep research.
Sleep Medicine research studies
Our sleep research center conducts research on all major sleep disorders, including sleep apnea, narcolepsy and insomnia, and we rank among the top funded centers in the country for the study of normal and abnormal sleep processes. Current sleep medicine research studies include:
- Effects of shift work on sleep and awake functioning
- Epidemiology of sleep and sleep disorders
- Long-term effects of sleep medications
- Pharmacology of sleep
- Study of individual vulnerability and pathophysiology of insomnia (the causes and mechanisms of insomnia)
- The detrimental effects of various drugs and alcohol on sleep
The Sleep Research Center is located in the Clara Ford Pavilion (adjacent to the Henry Ford Hospital Building) and the Columbus location in Novi. We pride ourselves on ensuring each guest's stay is as comfortable and relaxed as possible.